For the fifth consecutive year, SkillsPEI is sponsoring a series of job fairs across PEI to help job seekers and employers connect.
In 2018, the combined job fairs saw over 2,300 job seekers who were able to meet with over a hundred different employers, employment related service providers, and educational institutions.
“These job fairs have proven invaluable to both employers and job seekers across PEI”, says Sonny Gallant, Minister for the Department of Workforce & Advanced Learning. “They have grown each year and we expect 2019 to be the largest group of employers and job seekers to come together since we first started the job fairs in 2015.”
In anticipation of growth of employer demand for booth space, SkillsPEI has expanded the space at all four job fair locations for 2019.
- The Summerside Job Fair will be located at the Waterfront Campus of Holland College which will allow for a 50 percent increase in available booths.
- The Montague Job Fair will be held at the Cavendish Wellness Center Arena. By expanding to the arena, the Montague Job Fair will be able to host a much larger contingent of employers and job seekers.
- The O’Leary Job Fair will be held at the Mill River Resort which has increased available space.
- The Charlottetown Job Fair will return to the Eastlink Centre where it is anticipated to use a larger portion of the Trade Centre floor.
Other activities to expect
- This will be the third year for the job fairs to host “Try-A-Trades” which is an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the trades through hands-on experience. The presence of “Try-A-Trades” has been expanded at all job fair locations.
- This year Heather Moyse is guest speaker at the Charlottetown and Summerside job fairs.
Employers participating in the job fairs will enable their company to:
- Connect with job seekers, including students at both high school and post-secondary levels
- Benefit from extensive advertising and promotion for each location
- Be featured on social media and/or other media outlets (if desired)
- Showcase their business and/or products
- Benefit from networking opportunities with other local employers
- Receive follow-up from SkillsPEI staff for possible funding support to hire and train new employees
- Registration is FREE
- Charlottetown: 902-368-6290
- O’Leary: 902-859-8898
- Summerside: 902-438-4151
- Montague: 902-838-0674