by Gloria Welton
SEKISUI Diagnostics PEI Inc. in Charlottetown is a recognized leader in the development, manufacturing, and supply of innovative clinical chemical reagents and systems in the global in vitro diagnostics industry.
Their broad line of reagents includes cardiovascular, diabetes, liver, renal, and specialty assays. SEKISUI Diagnostics’ systems, reagents and tests help deliver accurate, timely results and support the improvement of patient care worldwide.
Their enzymes and specialty biochemicals foster the development and delivery of quality products for laboratory and research environments. “Our testing kits are found in doctor’s offices and hospitals here on PEI and across the world,” says Adella Henderson, HR Business Partner.
Currently, there are 192 full-time year-round staff, as well as a few temporary employees.
“At present, we do not currently have any postings open; however, that changes at a moment’s notice,” says Adella.
Positions throughout the expanding facility in the West Royalty Business Park vary from:
- entry-level and succession roles in Packaging
- formulating reagents in Production
- researching, developing, and testing in Research & Development and in Quality Control
- ensuring compliance and customer satisfaction in Quality Assurance, in Quality Compliance, and in Regulatory
- obtaining raw materials and supplies in Purchasing, as well as tracking and shipping products globally in Shipping/Receiving and in Trade/Logistics
- maintaining equipment operations in Facilities.
Adella says they require employees with a wide variety of backgrounds to fill labour, administrative, supervisory and management roles within various departments.
“Typically, our positions are advertised internally and externally. We look at every application that comes in.
“There is an extensive screening process that may lead to an interview if you meet the qualifications. With the large volume of applications received, it can be difficult to move to the next level, but we believe in a fair and equitable process.”
HOW TO APPLY
For a list of open positions, visit www.sekisuidiagnostics.com and click Careers. Apply and submit your resumé through the website.