by Stella Shepard
The PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada (PEIANC) hosted Alternate Careers Week in November to explore the many career and resource options available on PEI. Local Island employers and representatives from many sectors and organizations were on hand to talk about employment opportunities.
“This was an opportunity for employers to showcase their work and the types of occupations they hire for, and for newcomers to get to know employers in their community and gain a better understanding of the skills needed to find work here,” says Amy MacLean, Manager, Employment Services, PEIANC.
“After arriving in Canada, many newcomers need to apply their skills in new ways, and this event provides a unique opportunity for employers, community partners, and newcomers to connect and share information.”
“PEIANC has been working to help newcomers find employment on PEI for more than 20 years,” says Craig Mackie, Executive Director. “Newcomers face challenges and we are here to help them find new ways to use their learning, education, and work experience.”
For more about the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada, visit www.peianc.com.
- Career opportunities with the Public Schools Branch
- Career opportunities with the PEI Public Service
- Careers in Bioscience
- Sekisui Diagnostics: hiring practices
- Bayshore HealthCare employment options
- Murphy Healthcare employment options
- PEI Seniors Homes work available
- On board and on shore jobs at Northumberland Ferries Limited
- Employment opportunities with RBC: what background and experience works best
- An inside look at a career with Arsenault Best Cameron Ellis Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs), Charlottetown
- Cox & Palmer: Steps to successfully find employment at this law firm
- Career opportunities with the City of Charlottetown
- Career choices in the trucking sector on PEI
- Career choices in Manufacturing: Livingston Steel
- Construction Association of PEI says many jobs available on PEI
- Island Recruiting: helping employers find the right staff
- How Career Bridges can help Island residents and newcomers gain employment on PEI
- Financial support available for internationally trained newcomers