Master of Arts – Island Studies, with a specialization in Island Tourism is a new two-year program which starts in August, 2018. It offers a graduate degree in the expanding field of tourism, applied specifically to islands throughout the world. Using primarily online courses, the program includes two work-studies with tourism organizations.
“Island tourism is one of the fastest growing global sectors,” says Jim Randall, coordinator of the Master of Arts in Island Studies at UPEI. “This new online program gives graduates a high-quality post-graduate credential targeted to students’ specific career needs.”
Employment opportunities for graduates
- Travel agency and tour operating companies
- Heritage sector
- Official tourist organizations
- Branding and marketing companies
- Local or national government
- Other local or national government or regional and international organizations where knowledge of the tourism sector is important
Scholarships and bursaries are available. For more information, contact Jim Randall, Program Coordinator, at [email protected] or 902-620-5013.