by Stella Shepard
The Gap Factory retail outlet offers hundreds of styles in apparel and accessories. The company was started in San Francisco over 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher.
“They built the brand on staying true to their roots while always being out in front of what’s next,” says Kimberly Perry, General Manager for the Charlottetown location.
There are six job vacancies for Sales Associates. “The positions are part-time as that is all we can promise, but during peak times there is possibility of working full-time hours,” says Kimberly.
- Acknowledge and assist customers
- Offer style and outfit suggestions, utilizing mannequins and display for inspiration
- Promoting the loyalty programs
- Support sales floor, fitting rooms, checkout, and back of house processes
- Courteous and responsive to internal and external requests
- Exchange and verify job-related information to provide support.
- Good communicator with the ability to utilize technology and engage with customers and teams to meet goals
- Problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement, always learning, open to feedback, and act as required
- Able to handle customer interactions and potential issues and concerns courteously and professionally
- Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
- Ability to learn procedural knowledge acquired through on-the-job training.
“People need to apply on-line at our Gap Canada Career website,” says Kimberly. “It’s super easy to make an account and add a resumé.
“At our store, there are also employment opportunities with our Shipment Team. These staff need to arrive two days a week at 6 am. These are the hardest positions to fill.”
For more information about job opportunities at the Gap Factory, visit www.gapinc.com/en-ca/careers/gap-careers