Manufacturing is one of the largest private sector employers on PEI.
According to the WorkPEI Employment Analysis in May 2021, on PEI 6,300 people worked in manufacturing.
The mission of the CWB Welding Foundation is to broaden awareness of the career potential and opportunities in welding, and to advocate for a strong and sustainable welding workforce in support of Canada’s economy.
Sparking Success: Our Impact in 2019-20, check out scholarships, awards, bursaries and more, read more
Manufacturing on Prince Edward Island – Company hiring practices
- 3 Points Aviation, West Royalty Industrial Park, Charlottetown
- Atlantic Advanced Power Technologies, Poole's Corner
- CMP Equipment, Milton
- Craig Wood Products, Northam Road, Tyne Valley
- Eastern Fabricators, Poole's Corner
- Efficiency First Air Sealing Inc., Murray River
- H.F. Stewart, West Point
- Island Stoneware, Summerside
- Livingston Steel Inc., Charlottetown & Summerside
- MacAusland’s Woollen Mills Ltd., Bloomfield
- MacDougall Steel Erectors, Borden-Carleton
- MarineNav Ltd., Panmure Island
- Myers Welding Inc., Tignish
- Meyer Housewares, Charlottetown
- Next Level Group, Charlottetown
- PEI Bag Company, Central Bedeque
- Roberts Group of Companies, Kinkora, Alberton, Clinton, Kensington, New Annan
- Sekisui Diagnostics PEI Inc, Charlottetown
- Tignish Co-operative, Tignish
- Timber Koke's Sawmill, Montague
- Triple S Holdings, Rollo Bay
- Trout River Industries, Coleman, PEI
- Weatherskin PEI, Stratford
- White's Fabrication, Commercial Cross Road near Montague
- Wood4Heating Canada Inc., Charlottetown
Sample jobs and employers
- Cavendish Farms
Construction Industrial Mechanic/Millwright:
- AgraWest Foods Inc.
Sheet Metal Workers:
- Bevan Brothers Ltd.
- J&S Sheet Metal Ltd.
- Sherbrooke Mechanical Ltd.
Welders, Related Machine Operators and Labourers:
- Charlottetown Metal Products
- Jasper Wyman & Sons
- Diversified Metal Engineering Ltd.
- Action Aero
- Charlottetown Metal Products
- MacDougall Steel
Stationary Engineers and Auxiliary Equipment:
- Acadian Fishermen’s Cooperative Ltd.
- Atlantic Beef Products Incorporated
- Sekisui Diagnostics PEI Inc.
- McCain Foods
- Royal Star Foods Ltd.
CNC Precision Machinist:
- Tube-Fab Ltd.
- MDS Coating Technologies Corporation
- 3 Points Aviation
PEI employers in Aerospace, Defence and Marine
- 3 Points Machining & Aerospace | www.3pointsaviation.com
- Action Aero | www.actionaero.com
- Dual Bright: aviation displays & gauges by MarineNav Ltd. | www.marinenav.ca
- MDS Coating Technologies Corporation | www.mdscoating.com
- Precision G&T Engineering: engineers, machinists, tool & die makers | http://precisiongtengineering.weebly.com | 902-687-1448
- Tube-Fab Ltd. | www.tube–fab.com
Sample jobs in Aerospace
- Assembly Technician
- Aerospace Technician
- Mechanical Engineer
- Quality Technician/Inspector
- CNC/Precision Machinist
Education, training & certification
Holland College has a full compliment of trades and technology programs. Visit www.hollandcollege.com.
For details on trades in manufacturing that have an Apprenticeship program, contact the Apprenticeship Branch of Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning, 902-368-4460 or visit www.apprenticeship.pe.ca.
To explore the manufacturing sector further:
Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium (EMC) is a unique non-profit organization dedicated to helping manufacturers GROW and become more competitive at home and around the world.
Canada’s head office is in Owen Sound, Ontario and there is a New Brunswick and PEI location: For the PEI Field Service Advisor, click here.
For a list of open positions in manufacturing, visit www.jobbank.gc.ca
For a list of local jobs, visit www.workpei.ca
For more information about careers in Aerospace & Defence, visit Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association at https://ac-ada.ca/
|Click to watch videos of the trades and technology programs Holland College offers across PEI.|
|Click for related articles on Manufacturing.|