There are over 5,300 business locations across the region in the Atlantic food services and drinking places industry, including restaurants and bars, take-outs, drive-thrus and caterers.
The Atlantic food services and drinking places industry employed almost 66,000 in 2018.
- Estimates this industry will see upwards of $0.8 billion in lost sales during the second quarter of 2020 (April to June). Approximately $0.25 billion in regional sales should be maintained over this period via sales at take-out and drive-thru.
- Employment has been reduced substantially, with Atlantic employment in accommodation and food services down 44% between February and April, and hours worked down 67%.
Food & Beverage on Prince Edward Island – Company hiring practices
- Brothers 2 Restaurant & Pub and Feast Dinner Theatres, Summerside
- Community Inclusions Ltd., O'Leary and Tignish
- Crossings Café and Island Gelato, Borden-Carleton
- Dundee Arms Inn, Charlottetown
- Glow Juicery PEI, Summerside
- The Handpie Company, Albany
- The Holman Grand, Charlottetown
- The Home Plate Restaurant & Bakery, Murray River
- Mill River Resort, O'Leary
- The Old Triangle, Charlottetown
- Pizza Delight, Montague
- Red Island Hospitality Group, Charlottetown
- Roberts Group of Companies, Kinkora, Alberton, Clinton, Kensington, New Annan
- Rodd Brudenell River, Georgetown Royalty
- Rodd Crowbush, Lakeside
- Slemon Park Corporation, Summerside Area
- Strait Goods, Fortune
- Swiss Chalet/Harvey's, Charlottetown
- Tignish Co-operative, Tignish
- Weeping Willow House Bed & Breakfast, Kensington
|Click to watch videos of the many tourism and hospitality programs Holland College offers on PEI.|
|Click for related articles on food & beverage.|