Accommodations on Prince Edward Island
Accommodations is a large part of the tourism sector. Accommodations on PEI include cabins, cottages, housekeeping units, hotels, lodge, motels, inns, hostels, bed and breakfast establishments, resorts, recreational vehicle parks, trailer rentals, hostels, and campgrounds.
The Department of Economic Development and Tourism reports that total overnight stays on the Island have increased by 6.5 percent from September 2016 to September 2017. (Source: Economic Update 2017)
Employment in Accommodation and Food Services is 5,400 in 2018, click here.
Accommodations jobs on PEI include:
- Front Desk
- General Managers
- Food and Beverage
PEI Company Hiring Practices
- Cavendish Lodge & Cottages, Cavendish
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Charlottetown
- Intercontinental Hotel Group, PEI
- Mill River Resort, O'Leary
- Murphy Hospitality Group, PEI and Halifax
- Rodd Brudenell River Resort, Brudenell
- Rodd Crowbush Golf and Beach Resort, Lakeside
- Slemon Park Corporation, Summerside Area
- Sydney Boutique Inn & Suites, Charlottetown
- The Gables of PEI Resort and Residential Community, Stanley Bridge
Careers in Accommodations - VIDEO
The following videos on careers in tourism come from TIAPEI’s Choose Tourism website and YouTube page:
Meet Josh who talks about his experience as a Front Desk Agent working in Charlottetown, PEI.
Meet Rose who gives an account of her day to day work life working as a Housekeeping Room Attendant in Charlottetown, PEI.
Emerit: Canada’s best online tourism and hospitality training
Skills training made simple! Learen at your own pace with one of emerit’s programs designed to make you a Certified Professional in your chosen career.
Choose from the following programs
- Housekeeping Attendant
- Event Management
- Food and Beverage Server/ Manager
- Line Cook
- Taxicab and Limousine Driver
- Tour Guide
- Travel Counselor
- and many more . . .
For more information, contact Kim Smith at 902-566-5008 or [email protected].pe.ca.
Is tourism for me? Take the quiz
Tourism HR Canada developed the Tourism Competency Questionnaire after speaking to tourism leaders and employees about what it takes to enjoy and succeed in a tourism career. See how well your own skills and interests fit into the tourism sector. Click here.
For more information about jobs in the industry, training options on PEI, and more, visit:
- Tourism Industry Association of PEI: www.tiapei.pe.ca
- Choose Tourism: www.choosetourism.ca
- Training and certification programs for most tourism jobs: www.emerit.ca
- More information about training, jobs, and videos: www.discovertourism.ca
|Click to watch videos of the many programs Holland College offers at the Tourism and Culinary Centre|