submitted by Tammy MacKinnon, community volunteer
- PEI’s Healthy School Food Program Daily meals available to all school kids across PEI. Visit their website or email [email protected] or you can call 902-368-5155.
TAKE OUT MEALS (Pick up or Delivered)
- 4 Love 4 Care will be offering take out meals the 3rd Sunday of each month. More info to follow. They ask you to please email or phone ahead so they can reserve a plate for you:
[email protected] or call 902-393-1993
- Harvest House Prince Edward Island is offering free hot meals Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 am – 2 pm and Thursdays between 6-7 pm. They also offer red wagon street delivery on Fridays; they will be in town between 12 to 1 pm by request or if we find you!!
243 University Ave in Charlottetown. 902-894-5350
- SUMMERSIDE Salvation Army Soup Kitchen
Summerside Area – Pope Avenue
Take out meals are provided Monday thru Friday from 11:30 am -12:30 pm
- Soup Kitchen -CHARLOTTETOWN
101 Richmond St., Charlottetown
Lunch everyday at 11:00 am. Supper Monday-Friday at 4:00 pm
TBK Silver Streams Restaurant is donating 70 meals per week to the Soup Kitchen to help with their takeout meals.
PEI COMMUNITY FRIDGE
Queen Street, Charlottetown, PE (near Parkdale-Sherwood Lions Bingo Hall)
PEI Community Fridge facilitates access to safe and nutritious food for the community. It is a 24/7 autonomous and accessible outdoor space where people can take what they need and give what they can – no questions asked.
For more information, contact [email protected]
1. St Francis of Assisi – CORNWALL, PE
Call 902-566-3876 and leave a message. Someone will respond to arrange a time for food pick up. Service is confidential and available to all in need in the Cornwall area.
2. Gifts From The Heart Inc. is providing food hampers Monday-Friday. They are open 10 am -4 pm so lots of opportunity to get in and get one. Please call 902-628-6871; location is 58 Spring Lane, Charlottetown.
Tuesday and Thursday 9:30-11:00 am
158 Fitzroy Street, Charlottetown
4. Upper Room Food Bank – The Upper Room Hospitality Ministry Inc. –
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9-11 am
33 Belmont St., Charlottetown
5. Cornwall Food Bank Pick Up – Thursdays between 10-10:15 at Lion’s Club on Cornwall Rd (Curling Club building) Please call Upper Room Food Bank by Wednesday to order your box 902-892-7092.
6. First Baptist Charlottetown– Mondays 9-10 am at Fitzroy St entrance.
7. Summerside Salvation Army Food Bank–
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 12:30-2:30 pm
Location: Pope Avenue
8. Kensington Lions Club Food Bank
By appointment only. Please call 902-836-5060 and leave a message and they will call you back same day.
9. South Shore Food Share – Crapaud Area. by appointment only. Please message them through FB.
10. Montague Food Bank – Thursday 9-11:30
Contact: (902) 838-3191
Location: 222 PE – 17 Montague
11. Souris Food Bank – Saturdays 11 am-12:30 pm. Contact: 902-687-2996
12. Caring Cupboard– 4 locations
Tyne Valley, Alberton & Bloomfield – Thursday 10 am -12 pm
Tignish – Tuesday 4-5 pm
Call them as needed at 902-882-2559