The CBDC has 41 offices dedicated to assisting entrepreneurs with financing and offering business training and entrepreneurial advice at locations throughout rural Atlantic Canada, including Main Street, Montague.
“Small businesses are growing and prospering in Eastern Kings,” says Martina MacDonald, Executive Director of CBDC and General Manager of the Rural Action Centre in Eastern PEI.
“Starting a small business is often about fulfilling a dream of following through on a passion and using your talents and knowledge to turn it into a successful business. It takes an innovative, fearless and invested person to be successful as an entrepreneur.
“The CBDC East housed at the Montague Rural Action Centre is one of the fastest growing locations in Atlantic Canada.”
“The Rural Action Centre (RAC) is a partnership between federal, provincial, and non-governmental organizations across PEI,” says Martina. “The RAC is coordinated through a cooperative service model to ensure complete and seamless access to government support programs for entrepreneurs, businesses and community groups.”
The Montague RAC offers:
- Awareness and use of available funding and services
- A physical federal and provincial presence
- Human Resources Specialist
- Workshops and sessions such as Successful Business Basics, Successful Business Plan Workshops, information sessions, entrepreneurship forums, Young Millionaires Program, eForce training, and HR Toolkit training.
PEI Service partners housed at the Montague RAC:
- Department of Rural and Regional Development
- Active Communities Inc.: www.ruralactioncentres.ca
- Island East Tourism Group: www.pointseastcoastaldrive.com
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency: www.acoa-apeca.gc.ca
- Community Business Development Corporation: www.cbdc.ca
- Innovation PEI: www.innovationpei.ca
- The Employment Journey on PEI: www.employmentjourney.com
Business program for new entrepreneurs
Successful Business Basics is a 15-hour program that covers topics such as:
- Planning and preparing a budget
- Controlling cash flow
- Tax responsibility
- Understanding financial statements
- Beginner Excel