Propelle is a no-cost life skills and employment readiness program for women and gender-diverse people.
The nine-week program (eight weeks classroom/one week work placement) focuses on confidence building, conflict resolution, team building, learning & communication styles, and overall wellness. The program can support individuals with limited work experience/education who may have experienced barriers such as isolation, poverty, family violence, and mental health challenges.
Participants also connect with guest speakers, employers, and mentors and will tour Holland College and Adult Education sites to explore programs, upgrading options, and work opportunities.
The program runs October 17 to December 16, 2022
- Those between the ages 22-45 (with flexibility).
- Those who have faced barriers to employment and/or career advancement.
- Those who have a desire and aptitude to work and increase employability on PEI.
- Those who have lived on PEI for at least three months and are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Those who are on EI, working less than 25 hours/week, receiving social assistance, or have no income.
- Those who can commit to full-time programming.
Acceptance for all Women’s Economic Empowerment programming is based on eligibility, an interview, Employment Assistance Services support, and SkillsPEI approval.
For more information, email [email protected] or call 902-368-5040
Funded by the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture through the Canada-PEI Labour Market Agreement