Aquaculture is the fastest growing food production system in the world. Island companies are looking for people to:
- Prepare socks, ropes, nets, and cages for finfish and shellfish.
- Tighten, clean, and mend lines, ropes, and nets.
- Operate equipment such as boats, cranes, forklifts, and feed blowers.
- Feed aquaculture stocks and report irregularities.
- Assist farm managers in culling and marking stock according to outlined procedures.
- Clean, maintain, and repair equipment and enclosures.
- Collect and spawn brood fish.
- Harvest and transport fish.
- Implement and adhere to farm safety protocols.
The PEI Aquaculture Alliance is a non-profit organization representing the PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association, the Island Oyster Growers Group, and the PEI Finfish Association.
A proactive unified voice on behalf of its 150-plus members, the PEI Aquaculture Alliance advocates on behalf of the industry, enables important research and development, and shares relevant information on current issues and opportunities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For a list of job postings in aquaculture, visit www.aquaculturepei.com/employment-opportunities