by Gloria Welton
GEBECERT Technology Canada is a microchip and blockchain technology company now located on PEI. It provides various services which protect brands, add value to companies, and help collect big data.
“Our main business focus provides innovative technology to fight against counterfeiting by using microchips and blockchain technology,” says Eddy Yeung, Head of GEBECERT Technology Canada. “Companies have been battling counterfeiting for years, investing significant time and resources to protect their revenues, reputations, and even the safety of consumers.
“People are losing faith in products because of counterfeiting. Low quality and dangerous products are being sold as genuine, which disregards the wellbeing and safety of others. Brands get a bad reputation because of counterfeited products and people are unable to sell their items to third-party retailers.
“It gets more and more difficult for people to recognize counterfeits. $1.4 trillion worth of goods are being counterfeited every year. Not only clothes, shoes and bags are being counterfeited, but also airbags, airplane parts, and medicine. This is a huge international problem.”
Eddy says another focus of the business is creating a Vaccine Pass. “GEBECERT Group delivers world-leading secure solutions that allow users to have all vaccination records throughout your life digitalized in one area without the need for any smartphone application.”
Eddy says apart from the above two solutions, they are also aware that there is a rise in counterfeit qualifications which can put the public at a huge risk. GEBECERT Digital Certificate Platform combines microchip and blockchain for security to make it easier for employers to quickly verify your qualifications.
This company has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and India. Eddy just relocated to PEI with his family to start a branch in Canada.
They are presently looking for a Marketing Associate and other opportunities for partnership to develop the Canada market. The marketing job will also involve traveling with Eddy to events across Canada.
Key responsibilities and skills required for the Marketing Associate position:
- Prepare and create effective social media strategies and content and post them on an ongoing basis.
- Create content for use in digital marketing for the various products and services offered.
- Ability to use digital social media marketing platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities such as social media, direct mailers, web searches, and digital marketing.
- Start, collect, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data from existing and new marketing campaigns.
- Perform market analysis and research on competitors.
- Develop and distribute targeted marketing material using Direct Messages, email marketing, and tele calling.
- Create, manage, update and leverage a database to build a lasting customer base and relationships.
- Help organize virtual, and when possible physical, marketing events.
- Ability to take initiative
- Adobe Illustrator & photoshop knowledge preferred
- Business sales, data analysis, market research
- Work independently
“The work is full time, 30 to 40 hours a week,” says Eddy. “The wage is $15 to $20 per hour.”
How to apply
Open positions are posted on www.workPEI.ca.
For more information and to apply, email your resumé to Eddy Yeung at [email protected].
An interview will be arranged with suitable candidates.
GEBECERT Technology Canada was part of a job fair hosted by the UPEI Experiential Education department. For a complete list of employers who attended and their hiring needs, click here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
about GEBECERT Technology Canada, visit www.gebecertcanada.com and on Facebook.
Check out the company video at www.gebecertcanada.com/counterfeiting.