by Heidi Riley
The Maximus Canada – DeltaWare Division provides eHealth solutions through their Medigent® suite of products. The company specializes in IT solutions for the healthcare sector, such as program administration, claims processing, and drug management and systems. The ERP Solutions team provides Oracle solutions for public and private sector organizations.
DeltaWare has been in operation since 1992, and is part of Maximus, a global company with approximately 1,350 employees in Canada. On PEI, the company employs over 150 professionals with various backgrounds and specializations.
This past summer, the company opened a new office in Summerside. New hires can work from either the Charlottetown or Summerside office location.
Changes brought on by the pandemic
“The pandemic has shifted the way that we operate,” says Susan Frizzell, Director, HR & Corporate Administration.
“We have always had some employees who worked remotely but now we offer a hybrid model, with many of our employees choosing to work from home a few days a week.
“We take great pride in the fact that during a global pandemic, our company continued to grow and hire new employees, pivoting our business model to meet the demands brought on by COVID-19.”
Roles the company is currently hiring for on PEI
- Account Manager
- Database Administrator
- Software Developer
- Business Analyst
Other job titles at the company
- Quality Control Analyst
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Technical Architect
- Product Owner
- Network Administrator
- DevOps Analyst
Greatest hiring challenges
“The most challenging roles to hire for are the more senior roles, such as Senior Software Developer or Senior Business Analyst. We typically look for specific experience levels,
knowledge and skills for these roles, which narrows down the labour pool that we draw from. Also, these roles tend to be the most highly sought after across our industry.”
Company strategies for hiring during this tight labour market
“Our main strategy has been to utilize a wide range of recruitment methods to attract new hires including employee referrals, posting on job sites, and engaging recruitment firms.”
“We provide opportunities for students from local educational institutions including UPEI and Holland College, and we have hired many new graduates from these programs.
“We find that the co-op and OJT placements are an excellent way for both the employee and employer to evaluate the long-term opportunity. Students are able to get a hands-on view of our company, our culture and the type of work that we do, and we as the employer are able to evaluate if there would be a good long-term fit for the student.”
Advice for job seekers
- Read the job ad carefully, and tailor your resumé and cover letter to show how your experience meets the requirements of the job.
- Include your years of experience with specific technologies, a description of the projects you have worked on, what technologies you have worked with, and in what capacity
- Make it easy for the employer to match your skills to the job requirements
Job interview tips
- During the job interview, be confident and informative. Be ready to talk in-depth about the projects you have worked on, the tools and technologies that you have worked with, and how your skills are transferrable to the job you are applying for.
- Research the company ahead of time and understand what it does. Ask questions about the company’s culture and about a typical day at the office. Show your interest and enthusiasm.
Open positions are advertised through the company website, LinkedIn, and Career Beacon
FOR MORE INFORMATION
to apply, email [email protected].