The Montague Rural Action Centre (RAC) located on Main Street in Montague has a growing reputation for successfully assisting business operators and start-up companies in the area.
It provides a physical federal and provincial presence in rural PEI. This enables information sharing and networking, and increases community development and rural PEI business competitiveness.
The Montague RAC offers:
- Loans and guidance for small and medium businesses
- Government programs for community and business development
- Entrepreneur education and management development to assist business start-ups
- Support to expand and diversify existing businesses
- Tourism product development marketing
- Human Resources Specialist
- Entrepreneurial Forums
“Small businesses are the heart of a community and strengthen the local economy,” says Martina MacDonald, General Manager of the RAC. “Self Employment and small businesses create job opportunities, allowing people to stay and work in their own communities.
“The staff at the centre are committed to assisting entrepreneurs in achieving positive results. We offer tremendous opportunities, resources, and programs to those starting or growing a business, as well as hosting annual Entrepreneurial Forums.
“Many great business people in Kings County have ideas and passion that can be translated into self employment. New businesses have emerged and are thriving in Eastern Kings as a result of connecting with the RAC and our partners.”
Other business service partners at the RAC Montague Centre
- Active Communities Inc. | www.ruralactioncentres.ca
- Island East Tourism Group | www.pointseastcoastaldrive.com
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency | www.acoa-apeca.gc.ca
- Community Business Development Corporation | www.cbdc.ca
- Innovation PEI | www.innovationpei.ca
- The Eastern PEI Chamber of Commerce | www.epeicc.ca
- The Employment Journey on PEI | www.employmentjourney.com
“In Eastern PEI, the amount of investment and the number of small businesses that have started up in the last five years is leading Island business communities in growth and opportunity,” says Allen Roach, Minister of Finance and MLA for District 3 of Montague-Kilmuir.
“Having government and community associates in one location at the Rural Action Centre strengthens Eastern PEI’s business culture,” says Marie Walsh LaVie, Managing Director, Eastern PEI Chamber of Commerce.
“The Eastern PEI Chamber works in partnership with the government and community associates housed in the RAC to pool resources, cut back on overlap, and advance the economic viability of the region.”
“The opportunity to have our Regional Tourism Association’s Island East Tourism office located in the Rural Action Centre in Montague offers a positive synergy to the business community towards working together,” says Patsy Gotell, Executive Director, Island East Tourism Group, Inc.
For more information about the five Rural Action Centres across the Island, visit www.ruralactioncentres.ca or toll free 1-855-297-9898.