Career Development Profession on Prince Edward Island – Hiring practices
Career Development is the lifelong process of managing learning, work, and transitions in order to move toward your preferred future. There are several noteworthy elements in this definition, read more.
Career Development Professionals work with people of all ages to help them to manage their learning, work, leisure, and transitions. The goal of career services is to help people to pursue learning and to find work which is personally meaningful and to learn how to manage transitions in today’s ever-evolving labour market, read more.
On PEI, they are employed in setting such as:
- Employment Assistance Services
- Community Sector Network -organizations/agencies
- Labour Market Information Specialties
- Department of Workforce & Advanced Learning
- Service Canada
- Industry Sector Councils / Associations
- Department of Education, Early Learning & Culture
- Private Employers-Human Resources departments
- Post-Secondary Education & Training Institutions- Career Services
Guiding Principles of Career Development: a career is not just a job but it is about the life you would like to lead, read more.
To work in this field there are many possible pathways, read more.
Youth employment programs
Help with career management
For more information about the Career Development profession on PEI, contact the Career Development Association of PEI, at [email protected].
|Click for related articles on Career Development.|