October 26, 2022 – Government of PEI: Island fishers and aquaculturists who have experienced damage due to Hurricane Fiona can access immediate financial supports and request clean-up assistance from the Province. Island aquaculturists and fishers may be eligible for financial assistance through the Provincial Disaster Financial Assistance Program (PDFAP).
The PDFAP can reimburse fishery and aquaculture operators with revenues of $2 millions or less and who employ no more than the equivalent of 20 full-time employees for the following losses that are not covered by their insurance providers. This can include:
- Repairing damage to and loss of gear as well as to fishing and harvesting equipment;
- Replacing and repairing outbuildings such as bait sheds;
- Replacing or repairing business equipment and inventory;
- Clean-up costs of debris, hazardous materials and waste disposal; and,
- Incremental labour costs for clean-up and inventory transportation to alternate storage facilities.
Read the full news release here