This 2-day workshop will introduce and enhance program evaluation skills. The content conforms to the Canadian Evaluation Society and all case studies are situated in a Canadian context.
Participants will gain practical skills to be able to:
- Understand the benefits of a program evaluation
- List the steps in the evaluation process
- Design an evaluation
- Design a logic model for a program
- Use evaluation as a management tool for improving program performance and enhancing accountability
- Construct questions for evaluation
- Understand various research methods
- Analyze a sample survey data using descriptive statistics; analyze sample data using inferential analysis (t-tests); and analyze qualitative data using theme analysis
- Monitor program performance with existing administrative data and information systems
- Develop an evaluation matrix and create sample evaluation reports
Grant Funding Available
Students can apply for a grant funding for this program. For more information please contact Charlene Miller at (902) 620-5216.
For more information on course offerings, please contact Koren Glenn at 902-628-4394 or email [email protected]