Financing and raising capital in private industry course, offered through the financial management certificate series is geared towards those working in financial roles in both the private and lending industry who are involved in the raising or lending side.
This course focuses on understanding capital structures and common funding models, leveraging, private equity, conditions of lending and financial covenants, monitoring financial performance and how owners fund their exit from the business when it is time to sell.
Those completing this course can expect to learn through an interactive group environment which incorporates lecture and working through case studies.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will understand and be exposed to:
- Asset management and credit
- Financial options, e.g., debt financing vs. equity financing
- Raising capital & Angel investors, venture capital
- Working capital and its uses
- Dealing with lenders & how to prepare
- Guarantees and security
- Cash flow & debt covenants and margining
- Basic principles of business valuation and its role in buying or selling a business
Grant Funding Available
Students can apply for a grant funding for this program. For more information please contact Charlene Miller at (902) 620-5216.
For more information on course offerings, please contact Koren Glenn at 902-628-4394 or email [email protected]