Cost and management accounting and budgeting course, offered through the financial management certificate series is geared towards those working in new financial roles in private industry and the public sector. This course will help lay the foundation for understanding fundamental cost accounting theory, operations and capital budgeting, costing methods, departmental accounting and the role of the managerial accountant. Those completing this course can expect to learn through an interactive group environment which incorporates lecture and working through case studies.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will understand and be exposed to:
- Understand cost and managerial accounting theory and concepts
- The role of internal reporting and reporting methods/process
- Understand fixed, variable and mixed costing
- Understand inventory costing methods and accounting process
- What is a budget and how is it different from a forecast or projection
- Capital versus operations budgeting
- Pricing and cost change impacts on financial results and profitability
Grant Funding Available
Students can apply for a grant funding for this program. For more information please contact Charlene Miller at (902) 620-5216.
For more information on course offerings, please contact Koren Glenn at 902-628-4394 or email [email protected]