October 28, 2022 – Government of PEI: The province of Prince Edward Island has introduced a new process to recognize the previous driving experience of motorists from certain countries where validation of out-of-country documents may not be possible.
Experienced drivers relocating to Prince Edward Island from outside Canada will now have the option of using their driving experience as credit towards obtaining a Prince Edward Island Class 5 driver’s license.
The Licensed Driver Education Course, administered by an approved Licensed Driving School, is for people who have recently relocated to the province from jurisdictions that do not have a driver license Reciprocity Agreement.
To be eligible for the Licensed Driver Education Course, a new resident must:
- be at least 19 years of age;
- have relocated from a non-reciprocity country;
- have a minimum of two years driving experience;
- meet the vision standards of Highway Safety;
- hold a valid Class 5 (or equivalent) license from their country-of-origin; and,
- present acceptable supporting documentation.
Read the full news release here