A career in the digital world ~ browse through your options:
This guide provides answers to three questions:
- Why should you consider computing when choosing a career?
- What kind of computing jobs are out there?
- How do you get there? What kind of education pathways will guide you to the computing career you desire?
The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) is the national centre of expertise for the digital/computing economy. Check out their latest report:
Most in-demand digital occupations in the Canadian and local & national job postings
- Software Developers and Programmers
- Computer Systems Developers and Programmers
- Computer Engineers
- Computer Network and Web Technicians
- Electrical and Electronic Engineer
- Software Developers
- Data Scientists
- Database/ System Administrators
- IT Support Specialists
- Business Development Managers
- Project Managers
- Business/System Analysts
- Full stack Developers
In its snapshot of the digital/computing economy labour market, ICTC reported that 7,700 people work in the Digital Economy on PEI as of October 2023 and 3,000 work in Information and Communications Technology. For more information, click here.
Education and skills building
ICTC believes in the importance of developing a highly skilled, educated, and motivated ICT/digital workforce. There are online programs across the country that you can explore. For the list of programs, click here.
Holland College Computer Studies programs, click here.
UPEI Computer Science program, click here.
Academy of Learning Career College Information Technology programs, click here.
To further explore the industry, connect with PEI IT Alliance, click here.
PEI Digital economy industry news you can use:
Related videos about:
Related articles about: